Before & After Care
Before Your Tan...
- Waxing, pedicures and facials should be done at least one day prior to your tanning session.
- Shave and exfoliate with an exfoliating scrub 24-48 hours prior to your tan.
- No makeup, perfumes or lotions. These can affect the absorption of DHA (the sunless tanning ingredient) resulting in streaking and minimal color.
- Deodorants should also be avoided. Spraying over deodorant can result in green rings around arm pit and is difficult to remove.
- Bring dark, loose-fit clothing and flip flops to wear after your tan. Tight clothing can rub the tan completely off in most areas.
After Your Tan...
- Warm water rinse 24 hours after your tan application. Try to avoid bar soap and do not scrub!
- You will see color washing off - Don't Panic! This is just the cosmetic bronzer - you will still have color!
- Moisturize twice a day with alcohol-free lotion. Keeping your skin hydrated will make your tan last longer. Alcohol based products are drying to the skin and can cause the tan to fade quicker and unevenly.
- Taking long, hot baths or soaking in the pool can accelerate exfoliation and fade your tan.
- The use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids will increase exfoliation and accelerate the fading process of your tan.